Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sponsored Dog Walk

Today was the annual Roscrea SPCA Sponsored Dog Walk. I'm an active member of Roscrea SPCA, and currently foster dogs for them.

The walk takes approximately an hour, maybe a little more. Up some hills and down some hills, and last year I really struggled....this year was much easier.

My canine companion for this year was Dolly...a german short-haired pointer cross that I rescued when she was 12 weeks old.



Whilst my fiance J brought along our current foster dog, Jerry, for the walk. It was great for us to be able to take Jerry out in the company of large numbers of strange dogs, and I was very proud of his good behaviour. Just need to find him a good home now!



The walk went brilliantly for me, apart from an attack of cramp when I lifted my leg to get in to the jeep to go home...but still, that's much better than last year when I almost fainted when we finished, and really did struggle to get all the way around.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Great job- you must be in a lot better shape this year!!

The dogs are just adorable!