A lot has happened to me in the last 12 months or so.
Good stuff, not so good stuff.
My dad died after a long and brave battle aginst the big C.
My partner of nearly 9 years shocked me with a proposal.
We've increased our classic VW collection to 6½ vehicles, a camper, a kombi pickup, 4 beetles and a rolling beetle chassis [don't ask! *LOL]
Blah blah blah...
and I'm ashamed to say weight loss took a back seat.
But on the 22nd July 2007 I crept back in to Weight Watchers to face the music and assess the damage.
So here's a short recap of the weigh-ins since then. Have surprised myself with my progress, and thrilled with the current motivation!
22 July 07 - 313 lbs
Not great, but could have been a lot worse after 12 months off the scales of truth!
Decided to stick to the Points Plan. I know I'm a grazer, and simply cannot guarantee I can sit down to 3 meals a day on a regular basis, so it makes sense to stick to what I know has worked for me in the past.
30 July 07 - 303 lbs
Yes! You did read that correctly, in my first week I lost 10 lbs! Woo feckin' Hoo!
OK, realistically i know that the first week is ususally the biggest loss, but neither me or my leader expected 10lbs to go.
6 Aug 07 - 302.5 lbs
Only half a pound down this week, but at least its half a pound in the right direction. Dodgy mood swings, and nagging stomach cramps give me an indication of why I perhaps didn't lose more this week.
13 Aug 07 - 302 lbs
Another half pound in the right direction but disappointed I didn't lose more.
20 Aug 07 - No Weigh IN
Am too busy away on a 10-day Charity Drive, eating as well as I can, but not as well as I should! And drinking far too much.
27 Aug 07 - 302 lbs
Wow! Considering the last 10 days of total food and alcohol debauchery, I'm actually pretty thrilled with this weigh-in! I had prepeared myself and my leader for a gain this week. And we had both agreed to take whatever the scales said, and work out a damage limitation plan.
Now just to make this weigh-in seeme even better that it was, I was also wearing *wet* jeans when I weighed in.
Each week I wear jeans and work boots (steel toe caps) to weigh in. Sometimes I'm working on WW days, and coming straight from work. So I made my mind up at the start to wear these each week, so I could be consistent with what I was wearing. Also, although its a long way away, when I do get to goal, I can put on some cotton trousers and proper shoes, and make those scales really sing my tune!
So, after 10 days of terrible eating habits, and wearing wet jeans because I could'nt get them dry in time, I think that to maintain was a pretty fantastic result here!
3 Sep 07 - 298 lbs
Brilliant! 4 lbs down, cracked the 200's and lost my first stone. Total loss so far this time is 15 lbs, and life is good. I was walking on air as I left my meeting, and feeling pretty chuffed. I treated myself to a CD as a reward, and my OH bought me flowers.
Hopefully, now I've got my weight loss back on track I'll get this blog back on track too.
Chat soon
Good stuff, not so good stuff.
My dad died after a long and brave battle aginst the big C.
My partner of nearly 9 years shocked me with a proposal.
We've increased our classic
Blah blah blah...
and I'm ashamed to say weight loss took a back seat.
But on the 22nd July 2007 I crept back in to Weight Watchers to face the music and assess the damage.
So here's a short recap of the weigh-ins since then. Have surprised myself with my progress, and thrilled with the current motivation!
22 July 07 - 313 lbs
Not great, but could have been a lot worse after 12 months off the scales of truth!
Decided to stick to the Points Plan. I know I'm a grazer, and simply cannot guarantee I can sit down to 3 meals a day on a regular basis, so it makes sense to stick to what I know has worked for me in the past.
30 July 07 - 303 lbs
Yes! You did read that correctly, in my first week I lost 10 lbs! Woo feckin' Hoo!
OK, realistically i know that the first week is ususally the biggest loss, but neither me or my leader expected 10lbs to go.
6 Aug 07 - 302.5 lbs
Only half a pound down this week, but at least its half a pound in the right direction. Dodgy mood swings, and nagging stomach cramps give me an indication of why I perhaps didn't lose more this week.
13 Aug 07 - 302 lbs
Another half pound in the right direction but disappointed I didn't lose more.
20 Aug 07 - No Weigh IN
Am too busy away on a 10-day Charity Drive, eating as well as I can, but not as well as I should! And drinking far too much.
27 Aug 07 - 302 lbs
Wow! Considering the last 10 days of total food and alcohol debauchery, I'm actually pretty thrilled with this weigh-in! I had prepeared myself and my leader for a gain this week. And we had both agreed to take whatever the scales said, and work out a damage limitation plan.
Now just to make this weigh-in seeme even better that it was, I was also wearing *wet* jeans when I weighed in.
Each week I wear jeans and work boots (steel toe caps) to weigh in. Sometimes I'm working on WW days, and coming straight from work. So I made my mind up at the start to wear these each week, so I could be consistent with what I was wearing. Also, although its a long way away, when I do get to goal, I can put on some cotton trousers and proper shoes, and make those scales really sing my tune!
So, after 10 days of terrible eating habits, and wearing wet jeans because I could'nt get them dry in time, I think that to maintain was a pretty fantastic result here!
3 Sep 07 - 298 lbs
Brilliant! 4 lbs down, cracked the 200's and lost my first stone. Total loss so far this time is 15 lbs, and life is good. I was walking on air as I left my meeting, and feeling pretty chuffed. I treated myself to a CD as a reward, and my OH bought me flowers.
Hopefully, now I've got my weight loss back on track I'll get this blog back on track too.
Chat soon




No comments:
Post a Comment