So, here it is...my intro post for the new Tales From The Scales Challenge
My weight loss goal for this challenge is 31 lbs....that will, fingers firmly crossed, bring me down to a round 19 stone (pardon the pun!)....and keep me focused over Christmas!
Hmmmm....19 stone....somewhere I haven't been in quite a few years.
My long term weight-loss aspirations are to get to that magical BMI of 'Normal'...currently I sit in the 'Morbidly Obese' category which is NOT good!
I become 'Normal' at 11 stone 5 lbs (159 lbs), I drop out of the 'Morbid' range at 18 stone 3lbs...still a good way off, but I'm determined.
My short term weight loss aspirations are my wedding next August...I really don't want to be a fat bride. With good sensible weight loss I have set my self a 'wedding target' of 16 stone 3lb (227 lbs)...which I feel should be easily achievable, and any more weight loss is a bonus. Whilst I won't be a slim bride, I'll be a lot slimmer and look a whole heap better in that dress that I currently do!
I need to be ordering my dress in January, and going in at 19 stone will be a lot more fun that trying dresses at 21+ stone
So, the all-important Challenge Stats
Current weight: 297 lbs (21st-3lbs)
Target weight: 266 lbs (19st-0lbs)
Loss required by Jan 11th: 31 lbs
Measurements
Hips: 57½ "
Waist:44½ "
Bust: 49½ "
Let's go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Welcome to another challenge!! I was going to wish you 'good luck' but luck really has nothing to do with it, does it? Sadly.
I love how you refer to weight in terms of 'stones!' I may have to start -- it sounds so much lighter that way!!
So, 19 stone is equal to 266 lbs? :)
My goal is to get down 32 lbs, and that would put me at 248...for 2008!
Here's to our success. Cheers!
And I agree with ValleyGirl. It's not luck. It's will and hard work.
The Princess
Welcome to the challenge! Don't forget to make small weekly goals to move toward your ultimate goal. We'll all be in this together. :-)
Path to Health
Post a Comment