Friday, July 28, 2006

Too busy to blog...

Had a busy couple of days

Helped put the gearbox back into my camper, after replacing the vital missing bearing. Guiltily enjoyed the buttered ham sandwiches fed me by my hosts. Marveled at the improvment in driving my beloved vehicle all the way home. Did smell hot oil a few times...but dismissed it as spilled oil burning off my engine block. Got home to discover my rocker cover gasket, which should have been replaced a while ago but wasn't, had finally given up the ghost and as such engine oil had been spraying all around my engine bay during the drive home. My previously white tailgate, now has black measles...and next time I smell hot engine oil, remind me to bloody well stop!

Worked yesterday. Surprised to find *all* the critters totally out of water (again)...they were either very thirsty over night or didn't have their waters topped up the day before. I know which I'd put my money on...
Didn't do much very exciting. Cleaned out the gerbils, found some day old baby gerbils...so we clearly have to sex that group again, unless one's a hermaphrodite (unlikely). Cleaned out the largest group of hamsters too...I don't think cleaning out gets done as often as it should either. Made a conscious decision to clean them out myself once a week...so at least I know they've been done.

On Tues the diet was a little difficult with being fed by my hosts...its rude, whingey and irritating to refuse and moan about the food that's been prepared for you...so just tried to cut down the volume ingested instead...whilst mentally totting up the points for thick spread butter *LOL*. At work its not so difficult as I can pack a HUGE lunchbox and graze on point-friendly goodies all day. I prefer to do that.

Came up with a small business idea whilst chatting with my chauffeur last weekend...rang up a couple of relevant wholesalers yesterday, so should have some catalogues and price lists winging my way...now need to find some more suppliers of specific things these wholesalers are unlikely to have...

No comments: