Thursday, July 20, 2006

Poorly van...change of plan

Took my beloved camper van to hospital today to drop the gearbox out, replace the clutch and look at some leaking seal between the engine and the gearbox...seems whoever did the engine conversion left out a vital bearing associated with the gearbox, so its a miracle my van has been driven about at all...let alone the however many thousands of miles I've done in it.

Ordered a replacement bearing, which should arrive Monday...but it means I have no camper for camping in this weekend...and no transport to get me there (my camper doubles up as a large car...its just a large car with a bed and a cooker *LOL*). Fortunately a friend will be passing my way, on his way to the same camping event...and so I have dug my old tent out of the cobwebby depths, and tried to remember how to camp with a tent, primus stove, air bed, air pump, no fridge , no cupboards, no electrics and no seats...bring it on!

Oh yes...the diet...well my host today put butter in our lunchtime sandwiches, which was ultra yummy, but a little naughty, however I certainly wasn't complaining, the fresh bread was truly to die for! ....I didn't eat at all during the day, other than lunch. Ate loads of crap on the way home (hour and half journey) because I was hungry [amazing how quick your body gets used to eating small amounts every few hours or so] and J and I indulged in sausage butties when we got home famished...but counted up points and I'm only 3 over my daily allowance...I can easily make that up...or sweat it off tomorrow

Might or might not get chance to post on here tomorrow..if not, catch up with you all on Monday...have fun kids

No comments: