Monday, July 17, 2006

Know what you want

Please...do me a favour! If you come in to the shop where I occasionally work could you kindly do me the service of actually knowing what you want. Telling me you want John Ganfey's dog nuts isn't helpful...we stock over 30 different brands of dog food, and serve many, many customers - not all of them share their names with us! So, please, if your neighbour, friend, lover or mother asks you to shop on his behalf make sure you know what you're buying, and don't expect the shop staff to be on first name terms with someone who might visit the shop all of once a month...

That is today's rant over and I thank you!

Today's weather was hot hot hot...too hot to function, really need to look into emigrating to Alaska. I'm serious!

Other News: Mum phoned and seemed concerned about finding her house on an estate agent's website! Seems her landlord has forgotten to mention this minor thing!!! I implored her to seek advice...but I don't think she will. Dad is still same old same old, and the care he is receiving leaves a lot to be desired...at some point the hospital stopped being a hospital with doctors and diagnosis equipment etc, and seems to have turned into a bogstandard nursing home instead. The nurses don't seem to nurse anymore, and the doctors don't appear to exist. He's currently in hospital due to complications with the various cancers he has...he's been there 9 weeks or so now, it's not looking good...he's complaining of pain the last few days and no doctor has been near him. Mum has addressed this to various nurses and the ward sister, and she just gets pacified, meanwhile my dad is in pain! I don't live in the same country as them...and at times like this that sux!

No comments: