Monday, October 08, 2007

Week 11 Weigh-in - 292 lbs

DoGdamn the monthly curse!

Up a half pound this week, but to be honest I expected to be up more, so I am happy with just a half pound to demolish this week.

Last month I was up 4lbs during my TotM, so a half pound is nothing to demolish in my weight battle.

My biggest problem seems to be that for a 24-48 hr period right in the middle of my TotM I devlop a ravenous appetite which just doesn't want to be satisfied. This time, after my 4lb increase last month, I had a battle plan. Make lots of 0 point snacks readily available....so I filled the fridge with carrotsticks and cucumber strips...and made a huge pot of Zero Point Soup....and I happily scoffed into these thinking the munchy monster would be satisfied and yet, at zero points I was doing no damage...but boy was I wrong. I'd finish my 0 point snack, and then turn to the cupboards, because the hunger hound just wasn't happy. I raided the fridge, I raided the cupboards, I filled out on pasta and potatoes and other high-point fillers and comfort food...and I went continually over my points...so really I *AM* grateful that the scales showed a mere half pound gain....but I need to be ultra strict with myself this week.

I feel better tonight than I felt last night. Last night I was on the phone to my mother in the UK in despair. She used to be a Weight Watchers leader (although in her day they were called 'Lecturers') and she's a great source of info and fantastic support on the end of the phone when I'm at my wit's end. I feel with this monthly gain I'm constantly taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I have my TotM and inevitably gain that week. Then I spend the next week or two repairing the damage, and then the third week hopefully shows a true loss, and then its TotM and I'm back to square one again. It can't go on! If anyone has some handy hints and tips on how to keep this monster at bay I'd love to hear them. If I can control it at half a pound each month I'll be very happy. Its easy to repair half a pound....but last months 4 lb gain was a real shocker!
I'm currently on the Points plan (I think you guys on the west side of the Atlantic all it Flex), so maybe I'll try 7 days of Core plan next month, and see if that makes any difference. Perhaps the indiscipline of grazing my fill of points each day is leaving me with too much temptation...I'll let you know next month if it works.

1 comment:

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

This is typical. Same here. I get ravenous and get cravings for sweet and salty, in alternation, right before. I get nice and calm about the second day in, and feel great afterwards--no cravings. No bloat.

I tend to gain, easily, 4 pounds PMS. It goes away after the Red Guest's visit. So, it's nothing to fret over, other than it looksl ike crap on the scale. :(

And I concur about the weight training. I did concerted weight training back in 2003, and it's hard work--you sweat, you breathe hard. I saw good results.

But I hate exercise and my dumbbells are just sitting there...

I need a plan, obviously. And a good slap of motivation.

Just think, though...your weigh in next week will rock, when the period bloat is gone, gone, gone...

The Princess