Quite a pleasant surprise to be down 4½ lbs this week. Takes me down to 20 stone 12½ lbs...which also means 1 less eating point, so now I can only eat up to 29 points per day.
Actually less eating points is a relief....been really struggling this week to make up my points each day, so one less is one less to worry about eating. Our leader recommends that we don't eat less then 4 points below our maximum each day, but even so, finding enough to fill 26 points each day has been a struggle, and found me raiding the fridge and cupboards late in the evening.
In a way I'll take this as a non-scale victory (NSV) that my appetite is starting to reduce....Yay!
Out of interest, our points are partly determined by how many stones we weigh. So having gone from 21-x to 20-x I drop 1 point. In those countries that don't use stones as a weight measure, how do you calculate points and when to reduce the number?
I've not been so great at getting my water in this week, and will make a concerted effort to try harder for the next 7 days. Each morning I fill a 2-litre bottle with filtered water, and aim to drink most if not all by the time I go to bed. Not a big ask really. But nearly every morning I've only had to top-up this week because only half or so has been drunk each day.
Going back to NSV's, the belt I've worn for years on the last hole is also showing a rewarding NSV. It now comfortably goes to the hole fifth from last....almost 12 cm away from the last hole! My late father's watch is now too loose and sliding around my wrist, and my engagement ring slips on and off much more easily and also slides around my finger so I have to keep moving the stone back to the top.
Tonight's meeting was about goals, and keeping the motivation going. She said that for those of us who have a long journey ahead of us to get to the ultimate weight goal, then break it down. The 10% system works well, but maybe take it as far as weekly goals (I'll lose 2 lbs by next week for example), or monthly goals if you needed to reward yourself with goals more often to keep the motivation going. She pointed out that Christmas was only 12 weeks away, which drew a gasp from the audience. But then she delighted us by pointing out that if we merely lost 1 lb a week until then, well we'd be 12 lbs down. Sounds very easy and achievable doesn't it!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Points here in Canada are based on how many pounds you weigh, your age, your gender, your regular activity level and your height.
So:
2 points for female
8 points for male
12 points for nursing mom
4 points for age 17-26
3 points for age 27-37
2 points for age 38-47
1 point for age 48-58
0 points for ages 58 and up
What are the first two digits of your weight? (eg. 17 if you are in the 170-179 lb. range)
0 points for under 5'1"
1 point for 5'1" to 5'10"
2 points for over 5'10"
How do you spend most of your day?
Sitting down - 0 points
Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing - 2 points
Walking most of the time - 4 points
Doing physically hard work most of the time - 6 points.
Add it all together and you get your daily points. Voila.
And congrats on the loss. :)
Thanks for that Nicole....so if I was WWing in Canada I'd be on 35 points! Blimey, I'd never manage to eat that much now...
Ours is as follows:
3 points for female
9 points for male
10 points for exclusively breasdtfeeding
5 points for breastfeeding plus solid foods
5 points for age 16-20
4 points for age 21-35
3 points for age 36-50
2 points for age 51-65
1 point for age 65 and up
How many stones do you weigh? (eg 12st 6lb will score 12)
1 point for under 5'4"
2 points for 5'4" and up
0 points for sitting down all day
2 points for occasionally sitting, mainly standing
4 points for walking most of the time
6 points for physically hard work most of the time.
How do you score on our plan?
Post a Comment